Thank you, doubleinvert, for nominating me for the Liebster Award! Basically these are the rules of the game:
The Liebster Award is awarded to bloggers with under 200 followers to try to promote their blog a little and also bring together a community of bloggers. The rules of the competition are as follows:
- The nominated user must provide a link back to the person who nominated them.
- Provide 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer 11 questions set by the person who nominated you.
- Choose 11 more people and ask them 11 questions.
So here goes:
11 FACTS ABOUT MYSELF
1. I bite my nails too much.
2. I started reading manga when I was about 11 years old because I became obsessed with Inuyasha on TV. Seven years later, I have 333 manga comics in my own personal collection, which includes 73 different series, and at least twenty-five anime series.
3. I love girls with short hair. I will literally stop whatever I am doing to stare at them as they walk past (without being rude or them noticing?).
4. My favourite movies are The Lord of the Rings trilogy, but I couldn’t get past the second chapter of the book.
5. I am scared of emptiness, therefore I am also scared of anything that includes emptiness, such as the universe, the sea, the desert… I’m afraid of fire too, but I have to confront it almost every day when I cook.
6. I listen to Julian Perreta’s “Wonder why” whenever I am sad, angry, confused, dysphoric, happy, excited or nervous. All of my emotions are accumulated in that song and it always manages to make me calm down or put a smile on my face.
7. I can’t sing. At all. But I try to only to annoy my sister.
8. I am also bad at saving money, since I will spend it as soon as I get my hands on some.
9. I love Peter Pan, whether it be the Disney movie, the human version film or the real story in which Peter is a somewhat twisted character.
10. I don’t have a TV.
11. I speak English, Catalan and Spanish fluently, I can read and understand French though only kind of speak it and I’m learning Japanese. Before I die, I want to learn seven languages (don’t ask me why, I have no idea).
1. If a movie were to be made of your life, who would you cast to play yourself at the age you’re currently at?
I’d try and get Emma Watson (with short hair) to star me, mostly because of the huge squish I have on her. If not, I would cast Anna Sophia Robb (Bridge to Terabithia, anyone? Soul surfer? Jumper?) or Haley Joel Osment.
2. What’s your favorite color? Any particular reason why?
I’ve loved orange ever since I was a kid. Actually, one of my first memories consists in me looking at the outside windowsill at a dead fly; next to it, a spot of orange dried paint. I think that is when I started to love orange. The colour looked so beautiful and full of life and meaning next to the cadaver of the dead fly, I would probably say that I have never loved a colour so profoundly since then.
After some time though, I began to like yellow and kind of left orange aside. I’m back to orange now though. Most of my belongings are orange, yellow or red.
3. When upset, what do you do for yourself? Ride it out, or try to improve your mood?
When somebody I know has upset me, I usually go from sad to angry and get into a really bad mood for the rest of the day. It eventually dies away. If I’m upset for any other reason, I often try to get rid of the feelings quickly.
4. Have you ever travelled abroad?
I have been to seventeen countries during my whole life. My family has always travelled a lot and both my parents are from opposite sides of the world, so nearly every year or so, we go some place different.
5. What’s your ideal career?
I’d love to be a manga tester; I read manga, then I tell you what I think and they pay me! But since that is clearly not going to happen, I’d like to be an artist of some sort. Actually, next year I’ll be going off to University and starting my career in design.
6. Do you enjoy musicals? Why or why not?
I have no strong feelings for or against musicals. It does bother me if the characters suddenly start singing for no apparent reason, but if it’s a musical like Glee, then it’s ok (Have I mentioned I love Glee?)
7. Are you a pet person? Why or Why not?
I am an animalist and think that animals’ lives are just as important as human lives, but I don’t want a pet. I actually am hugely disgusted by bones, muscles, veins, blood and anything that bodies contain, so I don’t really like to touch any living thing that has them. My only comfort when I touch a person is that I am used to it, but I can’t stand to touch animals (especially cats, fish and birds).
I love Japan and Japanese food.
9. Do you enjoy sports?
My father signed me up for the soccer club when I was a kid, but when I stood in the middle of the field with my hands in my pockets, it became clear to him that I wasn’t going to show much interest in sports. I do like playing badminton and body boarding though, as I love snowboarding, judo and archery, but I don’t play any of the latter.
10. If you could share a meal with anyone from history, what meal would it be and with whom?
Can I eat mellow-puffs and grapefruit with my seven year old self? Seriously though, I’d love to have met Sadako Sasaki to cheer her up a bit before she died, or Michael Llewelyn Davies and try to convince him not to suicide himself. As for what I’d eat, they can choose.
11. Was there a particular event or book or what-have-you that triggered an A-HA! moment for you?
The last A-HA! moment I remember was when discovering Tobi’s identity (from Naruto) or when I knew who the killer from an Elementary episode was.
11 QUESTIONS FOR THOSE WHO I NOMINATE
1. What is your goal in life?
2. If you could only bring one thing to a deserted island, what would it be?
4. Something embarrassing?
5. Do you like spicy food?
6. What are you most skilful at?
7. What is the favourite April Fools prank you have ever done?
8. If you could choose, where would you love to live?
9. Opinion on tattoos? Do you have any?
10. Do you cry easily?
11. What’s your earliest memory?
FINALLY, THE 11 PEOPLE I NOMINATE
3. Next Step: Cake
4. This Time, It’s Transpersonal
5. My Migraine Family
6. On the Science of Changing Sex
7. Buzz Cuts and Bustiers
9. Asexual feminist
10. The Asexual Story Project
11. A Life Unexamined